Welcome to Shih Tzu Dog Magazine

Hello everyone, after many attempts of hacking and having the site destroyed, I've decided to rebuild it here at blogger/blogpost where they can take care of the mechanics and I can focus on writing about the Shih Tzu dog (and my memories of my beloved dogs Archie, Connor and Chuck Norris).

I do apologize if some of the links are not working yet, I will get to them, I promise! Meanwhile, take a minute and show your pets you love them.

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Make a Habit of Daily Brushing

As you meet more and more Shih Tzu dogs you will realize that some have lovely silky hair that hardly ever needs brushing, others have more difficult hair (much more). Getting into the habit of daily brushing your dog can keep you and your furry friend out of trouble.

Give your Shih Tzu a thorough brushing at least once a day.

After this becomes a habit, you will notice differences in several areas:
  • The coat stays cleaner for longer periods of time.
  • Your Shih Tzu starts feeling closer to you (and starts accepting you more as leader not as its slave like most Shih Tzu will have you believe).
  • Circulation improves.
  • Grooming sessions become easier over time
  • And most important, you become more aware of your dog's overall health.

I cannot tell you how many times I have spotted health problems just before they become troublesome, just by brushing my dogs daily.

So the difference will be noticeable if you can get yourself to do it every day.