Welcome to Shih Tzu Dog Magazine

Hello everyone, after many attempts of hacking and having the site destroyed, I've decided to rebuild it here at blogger/blogpost where they can take care of the mechanics and I can focus on writing about the Shih Tzu dog (and my memories of my beloved dogs Archie, Connor and Chuck Norris).

I do apologize if some of the links are not working yet, I will get to them, I promise! Meanwhile, take a minute and show your pets you love them.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Draw or Paint your Shih Tzu Dog


Lately I have been focusing too much on Archie's illness and the ravages of old age.  So I thought I should write about something fun, something I have always wanted to do.

A while back I found this book called "Dogs: How to Draw Them (Pocket Drawing)" by Melvyn Petterson. It's a pocket type book that I think is now out of print (you can probably find a used copy for sale at amazon.com).  I have always wanted to paint Shih Tzu, not just my own, but also those lovely prize winners that are groomed so beautifully and perfectly.  Last year I did some sketches in pencil, that came out so-so.  I traced them on the computer and they became the two Shih Tzu Dogs that you see in the top header of this site.

But I am greedy, I want more.  I found a few tutorials on the web of how to paint your pet from a photograph.  Also, as always, a list of how to books from amazon (I love Amazon.com, I have bought books from them since 1996 and have never had a problem!)


Free How to paint or draw your pet resources and articles on the web:

    * Tips and Techniques for an Acrylic Pet Portrait
    * Sample Lesson from Draw 50 Dogs
    * Draw a Dog Step by Step
    * How to Draw a Dog - Creature Features
    * Top 10 Tips for Painting Dogs
    * Drawing Dogs like a Pro
    * Learn To Draw a Cartoon Dog in a Car Window